Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the trigger and bought the R 28 SL2. Very nice looking wheel set.

My thumbs are still sore from trying to get the tires on, very tight fit. Then I find out that I pinched flatted the tube putting the tire on so I had to take it all off and do it again

Went on a bit easier the second time.

By the time I got that done I was out of time to ride them, so I will first thing in the morning.

But what I want to know is, what tire do you use on your Neuvations wheels? I have IRC Redstorms and they were very hard to get on.

The mechanic at the shop I bought the wheels from rides the same wheels and states he has no problems with Kenda Kaliente.

If another brand of tire goes on easier and I like the tire I have no problem changing.

So for those that own Neuvation wheels, what tires do you use? Do they go on easy? How much did the tires cost? And where did you purchase the tires?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I run Veloflex Pave's on my M28 Aeros and they were a ***** to mount. Sore thumbs for days. I love this tire so the pain was worth it. I have bought them from both cbike.com and probikekit.com. I think they were about $35-39 a tire. I have had no issues with flats, cuts or premature wear. Awesome tire, super comfortable. Good luck.

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,434 Posts
Michelin Pro-Race and Vittoria EVO's

Bolo_Grubb said:
I pulled the trigger and bought the R 28 SL2. Very nice looking wheel set.

My thumbs are still sore from trying to get the tires on, very tight fit. Then I find out that I pinched flatted the tube putting the tire on so I had to take it all off and do it again

Went on a bit easier the second time.

By the time I got that done I was out of time to ride them, so I will first thing in the morning.

But what I want to know is, what tire do you use on your Neuvations wheels? I have IRC Redstorms and they were very hard to get on.

The mechanic at the shop I bought the wheels from rides the same wheels and states he has no problems with Kenda Kaliente.

If another brand of tire goes on easier and I like the tire I have no problem changing.

So for those that own Neuvation wheels, what tires do you use? Do they go on easy? How much did the tires cost? And where did you purchase the tires?
But the Neuvations are a breeze to change a tire on versus my Campy Vento's. The Vento's will keep the same tires forever. I think they're permantley affixed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just received a set of M28 a few days ago.

At first I switched over the Specialized Mondo from my last wheels. They were easy to get on. Then when I got a new set of Continental Ultra Gators They were very hard to get on. I hope they are easier the second time.

I put them on after they came out of the shipping truck, they were very warm down here in the desert it was 102 that day.

·
Registered
392 Posts
i use conti gp 4000s and they're pretty normal to a little easier than other tires I've used. I think generally lighter race tires are easier to get on b/c there isn't as much material, compared to beefy training tires. that's a random guess though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Conti GP4000 and Ultra Gatorskins

Bolo_Grubb said:
I have about 2500 miles on my R28SL's with Conti GP4000's. They seem to mount ok but I have only had two flats - a roofing nail directly through the tread and a piece of tail light that put a hole the size of a finger through the tread. Price was $45.95 each at biketiresdirect.com with free road hazard insurance. And yes I got a free new tire for the tail light hole.

I have about 300 miles on my R28 Aero 2's with Conti Ultra Gatorskins. I went to 700x25c and a 12-26 cassette for those organized rides called Centuries. The Gatorskins were harder to mount but I wanted bulletproof since my last flat was on a century.

TT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.