Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 2006 Soloist Carbon on Thursday and noticed that the rear of the frame where the rear wheel attaches is all red. I noticed on some of the owners pictures on this forum that it is black in that small section of the frame. Any reason mine might be different.

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a PIC of what I am referring to. The area right where the clamp is. I noticed this area is black on both sides of the frame on some of the other members Soloists. The only reasoning I could think of was if just the frame was ordered, the paint scheme on the rear is a little different.

·
I CAME I SAW I CONQUERED
181 Posts
Don't know but.......

Let's see some more pics of the whole bike please

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here you go.

·
Registered
485 Posts
hmm... when i got mine it just came out, what components did you get? i got dura ace and it came w/ alpha q sub 3 fork and dura ace brakes, but w/ your question it could be that b/c i got mine earlier they change the color.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the frame and then had the ultegra package built up as listed on Cervelo with the Cervelo Wolf Carbon forks. I had a choice of forks and chose the Wolf. The only upgrade I did were the wheels to Mavic Ksyrium SL and a different aluminum stem. After looking on the Cervelo site a little more closely it appears they changed the color scheme by the looks of the frame Ivan Basso is holding.

·
Registered
602 Posts
funny

your bike probably weighs less than that six pack of bottled water! Don't know nothin' about the painted dropouts but that's one sweet ride...

·
Slow rider on fast wheels
52 Posts
So far the Soloist Carbon frames I have seen here in Singapore have the black dropouts, and these I believe are relatively new batches.

Regarding the components, does Cervelo ship them together with the frame like the Dura-Ace/Ultegra packages they listed, or did you get the components from your shop direct?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found out from Cervelo the black dropouts are for the Dura-Ace setup. I have the ultegra setup as I was cutting it close on my $5000.00 budget for this bike and I wanted the Mavic SLs more than the Dura-Ace setup. Dealer switched out the stem to a FSA OS115 at no extra charge and gave me a great deal on the wheels which was cool.
thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
I know this is bringing an old post back, but I've been reading up on my new soloist carbon coming - R2.5 recall replacement.

Here is the answer I received from Cervelo (my new one has the red dropouts):

"We first produced the SLC with out painted drop outs but it did not yield the finishing quality that we desired. We found that painting the drop outs created a much more pleasing aesthetic finish for this joint."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts