Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased my first Bianchi. I’m a pretty entry rider, currently riding about 4 days a week, 30 to 80km per ride at around a 28-31km/hr avg pace

I was riding a specialized allez for a long time with Claris 8 spd components.

Recently I found a brand new Impulso 105 11spd endurance in my size on sale. I’ve always wanted a Bianchi due to its heritage (also my parents being Italian immigrants) so I figured I love the 105 components and it was a good deal so I bought it. So far I’m loving it but I can’t seem to find any info or reviews or anyone talking about this bike online. The only thing that bugs me is it’s external cabling

I’d love to ride it for a season or two and either upgrade wheels / components or sell and spend a bit more cash on an Infinito or sprint.

Does anyone know anything about this impulso or is anyone able to review it / share some info?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,259 Posts
I've had my share of top name bicycles (among others, Colnago and Time), but I have to say I truly love my Campy Chorus equipped Infinito. Comfortable, instinctive and quick. Enjoy it. Ride the heck out of it.

·
Registered
21,524 Posts
I’d love to ride it for a season or two and either upgrade wheels / components or sell and spend a bit more cash on an Infinito or sprint.
Ride it until things wear out and then if you want to replace them with higher line components, do it then. Selling it after one year means that you will take the big hit on depreciation, so that is costly. Ride lots (Eddy Merckx advice) and you will find your way to a better bike. Don't ride much and there's no need for a better bike.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I agree with "leave it as is" and ride it. Beautiful bike, and some day I will have a Bianchi in Celeste Green. Being Italian, I must do this...

Jim D

·
Banned Sock Puppet
13,534 Posts
Recently I found a brand new Impulso 105 11spd endurance in my size on sale. I’ve always wanted a Bianchi due to its heritage (also my parents being Italian immigrants) so I figured I love the 105 components and it was a good deal so I bought it. So far I’m loving it but I can’t seem to find any info or reviews or anyone talking about this bike online. The only thing that bugs me is it’s external cabling.
Nothing wrong with external cables. Much easier to change than internally routed cables.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Nothing wrong with external cables. Much easier to change than internally routed cables.
Very true, and additionally if you’re running mechanical the shifting is better than internally routed. I’ve ridden several Dura Ace equipped bikes with internal and NONE shifted better than my externally routed Time NXS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts