Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Non non normal
10,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having no ink on my body and no plans to ink in the future, I have a curiousity question.

When you start getting tatoos do you consider your body a blank canvas and some areas as higher real estate? When you start getting tatoos do you intentionally keep some of the more valuable areas open for the future or do you just go with a tatoo and a spot and don't worry about the future. It looks like after a while your locations would be limited.

Just curious.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,225 Posts
Generally, the back is considered prime real estate, since that is the largest area of flat skin. Upper arms on the outside are good too and very popular. Prime real estate is 1)big flat skin and 2) easy to see (so the inside of the upper arm is not as good because it is hard to see.)

I don't know about other people, but I have always considered it a blank canvas and have plans for connecting several large pieces on both legs and my back. But I think I am atypical. I did get one small work on my calf because I wanted to know how I took ink before I started to go big. Other people just don't care, they start with one wherever and whatever and start collecting them like baseball cards.

If someone wants to put a small piece in the middle of their back, an artist will do that even if it messes up "prime real estate". They might or might not question the placement, but most don't.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,415 Posts
I think you mean....so 1943..Or great for drunk Navy guys.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Take a look around and you'll see it's the current day rage, mostly for women. I have nothing against tattoo's, I have two of my own, but they sure can mess up the beautiful body of a woman if not done or placed correctly.

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
Swift65 said:
Take a look around and you'll see it's the current day rage, mostly for women. I have nothing against tattoo's, I have two of my own, but they sure can mess up the beautiful body of a woman if not done or placed correctly.
So true.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Swift65 said:
I don't care where they are placed on a woman - they look terrible.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
whoa....

what in the hell... man, magnolialover... what brings you ALL THE WAY OVER to this side of the tracks? Is it the new name of the forum?

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Like to drop in...

funknuggets said:
what in the hell... man, magnolialover... what brings you ALL THE WAY OVER to this side of the tracks? Is it the new name of the forum?
Like to drop in once in a great while. This is the forum where I can be "nice" so to speak. It totally interferes with my PO persona, but that's OK. I'm actually even nice to KPCW in here.

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
magnolialover said:
Women with tats, so hot... Love them. That's just me though.
Just 1 example..
That's like taking a red Ferrari and putting a flame paint job on it.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
What's wrong?

bsdc said:
That's like taking a red Ferrari and putting a flame paint job on it.
What's wrong with a little flame job? As long as it's done right and all. Same thing with tattoos methinks. Don't know, something about hot women with hot tats just works for me. Something about those punk rock girls.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
i consider my body a brick wall behind an alley in chinatwon in SF. paint it as you will.

marks, mark passages in my life. enough for me. :)

magnolialover, not safe for work, but: suicidegirls dot com. my new favorite place.

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
magnolialover said:
What's wrong with a little flame job? As long as it's done right and all. Same thing with tattoos methinks. Don't know, something about hot women with hot tats just works for me. Something about those punk rock girls.
Nothing's wrong with a flame paint job ... on an old Camero. But a Ferrari has a pure beauty that is best displayed in their signiture solid red. Same with the girl. That beautiful blonde hair and creamy white skin doesn't need any artwork. She's probably going to grow out of that punk rock thing and decide to quit wearing those clothes. But it's not going to be as easy to drop the tatoos. I can handle a dolphin on her butt, but those sleeves and the wife beater make me think of a dude.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
cmatcan said:
are they indeed cheesy poofs, or are they carrot sticks??
see, these are the type of questions that keep me up at night.
Cheesy poofs, you don't get a lovely beergut like that eating carrot sticks. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts