Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Madone 4.5 and am happy with the bike. My only question to those who have the same bike is the wrap on the seat tube, head tube and bottom bracket junctions seems to me to have a weird look to them. When in the light it seems as though the carbon is wrinkled but I do not know if that is just what the carbon wrap looks like for those junctions. Just seeing if it is only my bike or are they all like that. Thank you ahead of time for your response.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
terkonekto said:
Thank you. I thought I had a defective frame.
You are welcome. I actually love the wavy look. Keep's these very high tech machines somewhat organic in nature (not to mention unique). Reminds me very much of the translucent curl you get in maple.

I know I have said it before (and I have had many comments about my bike, and I ride in some high end circles), but the '08 Madones are drop-dead-gorgeous machines, and this is just one of the many subtle nuances of the frame that add to the overall sexiness of them.

zac

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.