Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Shoebomber
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about shelling out the 20 bucks to purchase a subscription to this year's Giro footage. However, like most sane people I will not be getting up at 6am each day to check out the live coverage. OLN's website says that the subscription includes on demand edited footage of each stage, but I was wondering if they were just 10 minute wrapups of each day or if the archived footage was actually of a decent length.

From OLN: "Your online subscription will also include access to video archives of Monday-Saturday stages"

From Cycling.tv: "...on demand access to edited highlights of each stage."

Just trying to figure out if it's worth the 20 bucks if I can't watch it live. Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dick Rhee said:
I was thinking about shelling out the 20 bucks to purchase a subscription to this year's Giro footage. However, like most sane people I will not be getting up at 6am each day to check out the live coverage. OLN's website says that the subscription includes on demand edited footage of each stage, but I was wondering if they were just 10 minute wrapups of each day or if the archived footage was actually of a decent length.

From OLN: "Your online subscription will also include access to video archives of Monday-Saturday stages"

From Cycling.tv: "...on demand access to edited highlights of each stage."

Just trying to figure out if it's worth the 20 bucks if I can't watch it live. Thanks!
I bought it last night. There are highlights from Tirreno-Adriatico that are about 45 m from each stage, so I assume that will be the length for the Giro stages. I watched a lot of TA and the footage was excellent. I think the replay comes on every night at 8 Eastern, I wish you could watch it whenever you wanted like TA though. I'm really going to enjoy watching the Giro daily!

·
Cat 6
4,696 Posts
Mersault said:
I just watched the highlights from the prologue. there were two 22 min. videos. I don't know why it was in two sections though.
i doubt this is the reason but it helped me out last nite when my player crashed somewhere close to the end of part 1. i just started with part 2 since fast fwd'ing thru the stream of part 1 was ridiculous...i estimated it was just double time. tried for 2 minutes and gave up. i didn't see an easy way to go to a specific time in the feed but i didn't look too hard. i will next time since that could be annoying...

·
Does it matter?
760 Posts
I was watching some of the Tirreno stages and also some stuff on cycling.tv, If I try and pause and then resume the video or fast forward, Internet Explorer will screw up. I tried it on two different computers and it did the same thing. I tried watching it with Netscape, and I can see it there, and I also have access to a progress bar that I can move, but it won't let me do a full screen viewing on Netscape.

I wonder if anyone knows of a setting that may need changing, I'm running that windows media player 9 on Windows 2000.

If not I guess I'll just have to watch without interuption, if the phone rings, I won't be answering it :)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
My thought on the "Should I buy it" question is this: cycling.tv is likely the future for watching bicycle events in North America. I'm sure glad it's there. It's come a long way in a couple of years too. Obviously not all the bugs are worked out, but support it anyway so it can grow (both more events and better functions within the website). If we all wait until it's 'perfect', it would likely not generate the revenue necessary to sustain itself, and I for one don't want to see it go away.

·
Pandacised
359 Posts
I think the replay comes on every night at 8 Eastern, I wish you could watch it whenever you wanted like TA though. I'm really going to enjoy watching the Giro daily![/QUOTE]

You can watch it any time you please. I am watching the TT right now. 7am PDT. I think the first time that you can watch the highlights is 8 Eastern, but after that they are available whenever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.