1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,160 Posts

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
Ok...

After you've digested the fit info and know your cycling inseam, accurately, then you can proceed to figuring out what frame size to get. A really rough guide would be a c-c frame size of 30-32cm less than your cycling inseam. For example, with my 83cm inseam, I can ride a frame in the 51-53cm range. A recreational rider might want the larger size to increase the head tube length.

If you're looking at compact frames, concentrate on the top tube length and the head tube length. If you're comparing two frames that have more than a .5 degree difference in the seat tube angle, correction need to be made for an accurate TT length comparison.

One thing I can tell you is that most brands don't vary much with regard to fit. The one exception is Trek which almost always have at least a 1cm longer TT for a given head tube length. Frames like LOOK and Cervelo run a little on the shorter side.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thats for that information i relooked at my info and now have it all straightened out. any recomendations on a first bike brands or websites that have good lower pricesed bikes

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts