Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heckman brought up a good point when he posted a pic of his fixie (nice Tommasini, BTW) in the other thread.

- How many of us are going or considering MB1's spring century? It sounds like a really nice ride.

I'm considering it & trying to keep my base mileage up (not easy lately) over the winter so I have a shot at finishing the ride. It's kind of a stretch for me since I've not done any FG rides over 40 miles...yet.

- Does anybody have a general idea of how much climbing the ride might entail? Climbing doesn't bother me but I'm wondering if I can cut it w/o changing my 48/16.

- Chris

·
Done
4,509 Posts
If The Stars Align...

cmgauch said:
Heckman brought up a good point when he posted a pic of his fixie (nice Tommasini, BTW) in the other thread.

- How many of us are going or considering MB1's spring century? It sounds like a really nice ride.

I'm considering it & trying to keep my base mileage up (not easy lately) over the winter so I have a shot at finishing the ride. It's kind of a stretch for me since I've not done any FG rides over 40 miles...yet.

- Does anybody have a general idea of how much climbing the ride might entail? Climbing doesn't bother me but I'm wondering if I can cut it w/o changing my 48/16.

- Chris
If the home schedule is clear, then I plan on going. MB1 is local for me.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
48/16 is probably a bit tall for the route.

I expect that there will be a bit less total climbing than the Fall NSA/OCE fixte century. I am still planning for an April weekend and I will try to keep everyone informed when plans are a little firmer. I run a 42/16, Miss M runs a bit taller gear. Although there will be less climbing overall some of the climbing will be actual hills instead of the rollies we did in Virginia. I am also thinking of a option (i.e. you don't have to do it) for a true hillclimb around mile 75 with a great downhill for those with freewheels.

If anyone from way out of town wants to fly in for the ride I will let them pick the date.

The current status of the route is that we have a general idea to ride out and back from a Holiday Inn in Frederick, MD to and through the Gettysburg Battlefields.

Right now the route is a bit under the weather but I hope to have ridden all of it by the end of the month.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Look forward to seeing you there. Unfortunately, I'll be riding a Bianchi and not a Look :(

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info

The ride sounds great, and the picture really whets my appetite. I think I'll set up an 18t on the flip side.

Frederick is just under 4 hours from me (NY-Metro) so, provided I have no scheduling issues when the date is announced I'm shooting for it.

- Chris

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
I'll be sure to wear my Look socks-about the only Look item I was able to find on my trip to France.(Besides a sweet KX, but that's another story.....)

·
Fahrrad fahren
231 Posts
Great!

Cool! I'm new to fixed riding, but it would be great to have a ride in my own back yard. More route details please.

Cheers

H

1 - 10 of 10 Posts