Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a general quick question, please dont call me an idiot since i have no one to ask and it may be a strange question but..

im looking to replace my handlebars since iv noticed there a bit too wide for my shoulders (just hit my first 1000 miles). would it be possible to put ultegra shifters on TIME TRIAL bars....yes...i know that TT bars have special brakes and then bar end shifters on aero bars.

the thing is..i never ride on the drops, i very much prefer the time trial bar position.

thanks

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
That is a fairly open question...what type of bars are you considering?

I think the main issue will be reach of the levers since typical brifters are positioned along a high part of the bend so that the levers reach is reduced. On a shallow to no bend, this may be a bit far. I dunno how running the brake cables will be. If they are run out in the open, it's easy. It is your preference so if this works for you...that is all that matters.

Probably easier to get the bar end shifters and new levers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you are def correct..."brifters" go INSIDE the bull horns....i just baught some new, shorter carbon bars, so problem solved.

how come i rarely see people riding recreationally with time trial bars, and triathlon bikes in general? i would assume they are not as comfortable?

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
maxfli1 said:
how come i rarely see people riding recreationally with time trial bars, and triathlon bikes in general? i would assume they are not as comfortable?
Only uncomfortable if they're in their true TT position. I angle mine up on my commuter. Don't need drops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.