Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,576 Posts
I am doing my first RR tomorrow and I am not sure if is a good idea to keep my saddle bag with all the goodies just in case I get a flat.

Should I take the saddle bag with me in a Circuit RR?
Thanks in advance!
Yes, take it with the basics to repair a flat. I presume there will be a follow car in case anything more major happens (broken chain, broken cable, etc).

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,554 Posts
This was the smart move. Anyone who rides in a road event with a saddle bag is "marked" as a noob, who will do something silly that will crash you out at the first chance. The problem with this, is that people will tend to not ever let you in, in front of them, and because of this, force you to ride at the back of the pack.
This perception may, or may not be true, but that's the way people size you up.

·
Bikes, Guns & Metal...
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a great first lap, the course was 8.8 miles or so and we had to do 3 laps. My mistake was that I used up too much energy on that first lap and I kind of got lost on the second lap, went back to the pack and got dropped but on the third lap I did put it back together and started to catch back up and ended up working with two other guys, I think we were the first group behind the main peloton but one one of the guys did not work very much with us, he was skipping pulls and when he pulled , it was for a very short time but I was OK with that; what I did not like, is when the Cat 4s passed by us, this guy jumped and drafted a little bit to drop us because we even slowed down just a little and moved to the right side of the rode to let them go.

I ended up in 28th out of 45, not bad for my first RR, it was hard, very hard but I had a lot of fun, I had a big smile any ways and enjoyed it a lot.

On Sunday, I went to a crit and I did better there, ended in 7th with a good sprint at the end and I actually got the best lap time so I was very proud of my self.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I had a great first lap, the course was 8.8 miles or so and we had to do 3 laps. My mistake was that I used up too much energy on that first lap and I kind of got lost on the second lap, went back to the pack and got dropped but on the third lap I did put it back together and started to catch back up and ended up working with two other guys, I think we were the first group behind the main peloton but one one of the guys did not work very much with us, he was skipping pulls and when he pulled , it was for a very short time but I was OK with that; what I did not like, is when the Cat 4s passed by us, this guy jumped and drafted a little bit to drop us because we even slowed down just a little and moved to the right side of the rode to let them go.

I ended up in 28th out of 45, not bad for my first RR, it was hard, very hard but I had a lot of fun, I had a big smile any ways and enjoyed it a lot.

On Sunday, I went to a crit and I did better there, ended in 7th with a good sprint at the end and I actually got the best lap time so I was very proud of my self.
This should be a disqualification. Also, it's a super douche move for him to play tactics like that when you're behind the main peloton.

·
Bikes, Guns & Metal...
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about say something but I decided not to because we were a few minutes behind anyway and it was only one spot, not big deal and that guy only cheated on himself.

I might send an e-mail to the officials but not sure yet, I still think is not a big deal.

This should be a disqualification. Also, it's a super douche move for him to play tactics like that when you're behind the main peloton.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.