Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2007 model. It did not come with a clamp. I have looked at several similar photos; none have the clamp. I guess I was just trying to figure out the logic behind whether one is necessary or not. And if they were sometimes used as insurance for preventing slipping. Anyway, the one with the Orbea logo looks good if I can justify having one without showing my complete lack of understanding of the purpose for one.

thanks

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Belt and suspenders

gdog said:
I guess I was just trying to figure out the logic behind whether one is necessary or not. And if they were sometimes used as insurance for preventing slipping.
One is necessary if the bike does not have an alternative means of clamping the seat post. The only time you would need an "extra" clamp is if the post was too small for the frame, or the frame is slightly large, or you're racing Paris-Roubaix and are worried that pounding all those cobbles might cause your post to slip down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.