Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cat 5 Quicksilver

I was going to go but the race is closed for Cat 5. Plus I have had a week off the bike till today when I did my interval workout. Needless to say, I almost died out there. Hopefully by my teams Reston Town Center Grand Prix I will be ready to show what I got. In the meantime I think I will join the Wakefield MTB Series to get ready for the Shenandoah Mountain 100 in september.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Legend911 said:
I was going to go but the race is closed for Cat 5. Plus I have had a week off the bike till today when I did my interval workout. Needless to say, I almost died out there. Hopefully by my teams Reston Town Center Grand Prix I will be ready to show what I got. In the meantime I think I will join the Wakefield MTB Series to get ready for the Shenandoah Mountain 100 in september.
Yeah - its closed. You need to sign up in the 1st day it when online. Really sucks for around here.. I won't do Reston..too many turns for me..I'd never keep up and don't feel like hitting the fence in that one corner.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Reston Town Center Grand Prix

Well if you are scared of the fence... BE SCARED NO MORE. We have eliminated the fence with some help from the VDOT. They also smoothed out the construction they are doing there so the turn should be nice and smooth without problems. All you have to worry about now is a curb. We are still constructing a slalom to help slow people a bit before they bottleneck in turn 4/5. The race should be really fun. I believe I will keep up my lucky streak of not wrecking on my new bike after 8 races in Cat 5!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.