Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quiet, long rides in SLO and Paso?

Hey gang-

Vacation is exactly 18 days away (I could tell you the number of minutes if I wasn't well into my third beer) and I'm looking for some good, long (60-100 mile) rides. Gonna be staying in SLO and willing to haul the bikes to Paso or Solvang for some nice roads.

Suggestions?

Thanks a bunch-

Cheers :cool:

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
rideslikeagirl said:
Hey gang-

Vacation is exactly 18 days away (I could tell you the number of minutes if I wasn't well into my third beer) and I'm looking for some good, long (60-100 mile) rides. Gonna be staying in SLO and willing to haul the bikes to Paso or Solvang for some nice roads.

Suggestions?

Thanks a bunch-

Cheers :cool:
I've done the Wildflower century a couple of times, which starts outside of Paso. It's a damn good route, about 110 miles, and this year you should get entire fields of wildflowers. It covers some good roads outside of town.

http://www.slobc.org/WfRoutes.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you're not afraid of a little dirt...

I did a mini camp down there last month. My favorite ride was this:

Route 1 to old dry creek road. Climb that, cross 46 to Santa Rosa Creek, climb THAT 'til you get to cypress mountain road (dirt). Really cool dirt road for about 10 miles, with some slightly rough stuff in the middle, but I did it on 23 mm race tires no prob. When it it t's on asphalt (Chimney rock), either turn right to head back to 46 near paso, or turn left and do a neat out/back to Nacimiento Lake. From Chimney rock, turn right on adelaida, right again on vineyard, which will take you back to 46. West on 46 back to old dry creek and retrace your steps. AWESOME ride, but no services so be prepared. Did I say it was a great ride?

Figure out a way to include See canyon on your ride too. The descent into San Luis is a hoot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts