Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few more details - talked my former employer into transitioning me into a contractor role - fulfilling my old job tasks (running the marketing side of their business), taking over a lucrative PR contract and doing it all from home. Took it on with a big boost in my hourly, with a full plate of work over the next 18 months. It'll give me the freedom to build some other opportunites - more details later. Back to this nice bottle of rhone blend old telegram...

Coops

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
telegram pics please. and toe pics.

hey, what are you producing?

got any tshirts for the J's?

ATP's already hooked me up with a week's worth: 2.

tell a brotha you got his back.

:rolleyes:

ps. big congrats and like that. now, kiss me.
:p

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Good luck Coop on the new job. I love the freedom that comes with working from home. I have to chase customers and build my business, but it allows me to do things that I would normally not have the time to do if was working 9-5.
Cheers, Wayne

·
gazing from the shadows
27,208 Posts
I wish you felicitous dealings and prosperity. May this new venture not only go well, but help you to thrive in the other areas of life you value.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Good for you......

hope all goes better than planned.

Len

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
thinkcooper said:
A few more details - talked my former employer into transitioning me into a contractor role - fulfilling my old job tasks (running the marketing side of their business), taking over a lucrative PR contract and doing it all from home. Took it on with a big boost in my hourly, with a full plate of work over the next 18 months. It'll give me the freedom to build some other opportunites - more details later. Back to this nice bottle of rhone blend old telegram...

Coops
Congrats Coop. I'm certain you made the righy decision. Enjoy the new gig.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
thinkcooper said:

Coops
It all sounds terrible to me. More money, less work, no boss, work from home, etc. I just don't get the appeal.

I think it's time to move up from that Old Telegram to the real stuff it copies, Vieux Telegraph!

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm still prepping my home office space, shredding old docs that take up precious space, setting a separate new wifi network for biz use, ordering up some swank new hardware and pulling in favors for the latest and greatness CS package from Adobe...

The only bummer - I burned out the shredder. It got through the angry letters from my ex's lawyer and then gave up the ghost. I think that's symbolic of something, I just can't tell what...

Back to the grunt work with a beer in hand. Happily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts