Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm considering a 2004 RC EV3 Alum/carbon bike (Record grouppo) for my next ride. Does anyone have experience with this frame? I have an older Cannondale now and have not had any issues, but it's time for a "new" bike.

I'm 6-2 w/34 in inseam and about 250lbs. The frame I'm looking at is a 59cm and it seems like that would be a good size.

I'm also looking at a '05 Cinelli Unica (Altec2 alum/carbon seat stays/Veloce grouppo) but I have been lusting after a high end Bianchi since I sold my last one years ago.

So, any insight on the EV3 would be great!

Thanks,

Chris.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I really like my 2004 EV3. It has that nice combination of stiffness and comfort (and it's all aluminum).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Concerns

I have been researching this frame as well, as I am considering buying the 2003 EV3 AL/Carb Chorus. My concern is that with all my searching, I have been able to find very little info on this bike. That makes me wonder. Also, I have read a lot of reviews on different bianchi frames that cracked, and they reported awful customer service experiences. I am going to keep asking around before I make a decision, but I am not ruling the bike out yet; it's so beautiful to look at!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been researching this frame as well, as I am considering buying the 2003 EV3 AL/Carb Chorus. My concern is that with all my searching, I have been able to find very little info on this bike. That makes me wonder. Also, I have read a lot of reviews on different bianchi frames that cracked, and they reported awful customer service experiences. I am going to keep asking around before I make a decision, but I am not ruling the bike out yet; it's so beautiful to look at!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Kateums

See my comments in this thread.
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=48558

From all the info I found or heard over the years, the problem aluminum frames were the 99 and especially the 2000. The earlier EV4's had a 175# weight limit. The New FG Lites (latest version of the EV4) don't have that restriction anymore I think.

The EV3 frames are the sturdiest of the EV line. The current EV3's are called the Freccia or FC. Maybe you will find more reviews with that name.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts