Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've checked around a few places, including the scottUSA website, and there seems to be conflicting info regarding the addict R4 BB, the website claims the complete bike has a standard BB, whereas the frameset has the integrated BB..

so, which is it - integrated or standard??

· Registered
12 Posts
R4 BB different depending upon frame of full build

I spoke to Scott because I was confused about this, if you buy the complete bike it has an integrated BB, if you buy the frame, it has a standard BB. Weight difference also. This explains the apparent contradiction when you are on the Scott Web site and look at the specs for the frame and the complete bike. Got an R4 frame off Ebay, Frame from a tear down so it had the integrated BB, added my Dura-Ace components from a previous bike and absolutely love it. Makes me wonder though, why would someone buy a R4 new, strip Ultegra parts from it and sell the frame? Only thing I don't love is the white frame. I love the way it looks, but my fruit punch flavored Endurox leaves pink spots around the bottle cages when I go over bumps.

Mike

· Registered
12 Posts
just to clarify

My R4 is from a full bike, not a frame and the bottom bracket has no threads, the bearings are pressed in; however, the BB from the bike I removed my DA components had thread-in bearings. The swap out was painless, just push the shaft of the crank through the pressed on bearings, attach the left crank and that was it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.