Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
go up
653 Posts
Just yesterday! I live on Lookout, near Ruby Falls, making Raccoon the closest deminished-traffic area to ride to quickly. Plus, there's several different roads to ride. I'm usually over there twice a week. Once a month I do a ride I call The Sawmill; Elder from the round-about, Raccoon from the round-about, Raccoon from the river, once around the top, do that three times. Over 11,000 ft climbing in 65 miles from Lookout. Cut the loop on top and you have 10k ft in 54 miles. Yeee-haw!

I guess with your handle you're from the area?

·
go up
653 Posts
I hope it was a little cooler for you at 6:30 than it was at 2:30.

Do you ride a Bianchi? I chatted with someone up on top of Raccoon a few weeks ago who was on one, said he lived in the Cove.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Group ride on Wednesdays

There is a group ride in the area that leaves from BiLo (corner of Browns Ferry & Cummings Hwy) Wednesday evenings at 6pm. This is a fairly new ride location, so the group size is around 10-20 riders ranging in speed from 13mph - 20mph. The ride is rolling and heads out to Trenton and back. You can get more details and contact info if you are interested at http://www.chattbike.com/cgi-bin/calendar/calendar.cgi

I normally do the ride every week. I would be glad to ride with you at whatever pace you wish.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.