·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love money.

Saturday masters race. 5th place.
Sunday masters race. 5th place.
Monday's masters race ???????

On both days, everyone that was able to beat me was at least two levels above me in ability. It's a good feeling to hang with top regional riders. (it would be a better feeling to beat some of them)

Total years winnings $100
(hey!, $100 is $100)

·
Registered
650 Posts
last three races 1st club race $12, saturday club championships 1st perpetual trophy $0, sunday regional championships well i got spanked in the hills me and the sprinters dnf so yearly total $12 but i keep winning the races that pay $0.

·
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Monday: 6th place on a godawful hilly crit. Payout to 7 places.
Give me a flat, four corner crit anyday.

·
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not for the "gravity challenged"

Hills are the reason that I don't do many road races...I've got another hilly crit next Sunday. This weekend was really tough. I've never done three crits back to back to back.
Anything more than 30/40 feet of elevation gain a lap, and I start to suffer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
Monday: 6th place on a godawful hilly crit. Payout to 7 places.
Give me a flat, four corner crit anyday.
You were obviously doing the ABD Masters weekend? I managed 2nd, 2nd, and 4th with the Cat 5 fools. Just glad I didn't "bite it" on that downhill left hander in Batavia. Nasty stuff.

Good weekend of racing, though!

·
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dislike bumpy downhill turns (turn #2). Turns #3, #4, & #5 were great. (also downhill, but smooth). I could fly thru them, and make up ground that I lost on the hill on Wilson, and the hill after turn #6, that leads up to the start finish.

·
Registered
122 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
I dislike bumpy downhill turns (turn #2). Turns #3, #4, & #5 were great. (also downhill, but smooth). I could fly thru them, and make up ground that I lost on the hill on Wilson, and the hill after turn #6, that leads up to the start finish.

Agreed. Although few of the Cat 5 riders were attacking the hill on Wilson with much anger, so it wasn't hard to keep up.

Not sure what time your race was, but I showed up early to get through corner #2 a bunch of times. Unfortunately it was both still open to traffic and wet until just before our race started. So, I didn't get to take too many flying practice runs. The first time I went through there, I went right out to the gutter/wall.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
MJH2 said:
You were obviously doing the ABD Masters weekend? I managed 2nd, 2nd, and 4th with the Cat 5 fools. Just glad I didn't "bite it" on that downhill left hander in Batavia. Nasty stuff.

Good weekend of racing, though!
two second places and a 4th in the cat 5 group... was this your first weekend out racing?
suggest you upgrade before you starting being known as MJH2-sandbagger

move on up!

·
Registered
122 Posts
fleck said:
two second places and a 4th in the cat 5 group... was this your first weekend out racing?
suggest you upgrade before you starting being known as MJH2-sandbagger

move on up!
It was technically my second outing. My first weekend netted a 37th and a DNF. I think that requesting an upgrade is a bit premature at this point. If I'm able to replicate these results in a more full, non-masters field, then we'll see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.