Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
21,864 Posts
Repeat the question?

esac said:
if you are racing or on a simulated race, and alone (meaning no team mates). would it be proper ettiquette to make it to the front which a bunch of riders from the same club?
Do you mean "WITH a bunch of riders"? It's not really clear what you're asking. You can go to the front any time you want and as long as you're not squirrely, people will be happy to draft you until you burn out and get shelled off the back. If you want to attack and "go off the front" to get away, you do that by accelerating from several positions back from the lead rider.

· Registered
552 Posts
No, If you don't have a team you always stay at the back, especially crossing the finish line!

It's a race. They might not let you in, is that proper? Sure. I'd sit behind them and let them work depending on my situation in the race. Certainly if I was unattached.

· Registered
379 Posts
It's a race. You there for one of three reasons.

1) To gain racing experience.
2) To perform a specific duty to help out your team captain (not applicable in you question)
3) win.

You're not there to make friends. Not taking a pull the whole race and out-sprinting the field for the win is acceptable. But do it often enough and you gain a reputation for it. Then the field will work against you from the start.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies. i'm very naive when it comes to racing scenarios and want to get experience. it's a learning process for me right now, but at the same time don't want to step on anyone's shoes.

· vexatious enigma
4,893 Posts
esac said:
thanks for the replies. i'm very naive when it comes to racing scenarios and want to get experience. it's a learning process for me right now, but at the same time don't want to step on anyone's shoes.
The only real way to learn is to race; hence the simulated races.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.