Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an opportunity that I'm thinking about in this area and wanted to know what the racing scene is like. I've done the Google searches and from what I can tell there isn't much racing in TN, well at least compared to here in Ohio. Also, what's the terrain like in this area? Any big climbs?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sjomi said:
I have lived here less than 1 year and this will be my first year racing. The terrain is very much rolling. Not what I would say big climbs, but you can't ride without climbing every couple of miles.
Check out the www.tbra.org website. It still needs to be updated but partial schedules are listed.
I came across this site a few days ago. It doesn't look like TN is completely raceless, but it sure has a lot fewer choices than Ohio. It could be worse. I used to live in Nebraska and they have like no racing at all, well not exactly no races, but only a handful for the entire season. I couldn't move back there unless I quit racing, which I don't see happening anytime soon.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Its alot of fun!

There are plent yof races in Tenn. All year. You have to travel a little but nothing more then 2 hours. The officials are very tentative about the rules especially swearing, yellow line and going pee on your bike so beaware. The roads are skinny but smooth and the races are alot of fun. Be sure to register on active.com They will email you and give you a scheduele of races in the south east including Tenn all year. ALot of races wont be on caleder for anothwer few months and sometimes only a few weeks before they happen. By all means try it out, especially ROan Groan if you like to climb. There are plenty of stage races around the area as well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.