Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that as a newbie i would be in Cat 5 and be a part of that large group, but at 60+ would my results be judged against all of the 40+ guys or 60+? I am considering doing some road races. I raced mountain bikes in the 80s and have been riding for 30+ years but never raced on the pavement. Old school Bianchi steel is real. Bianchi green of course.

·
Registered
21,727 Posts
I understand that as a newbie i would be in Cat 5 and be a part of that large group, but at 60+ would my results be judged against all of the 40+ guys or 60+? I am considering doing some road races. I raced mountain bikes in the 80s and have been riding for 30+ years but never raced on the pavement. Old school Bianchi steel is real. Bianchi green of course.
If there are enough Cat 5 racers the promoter may have age split groups - for example an under 30 group and an over 30 group or even more breakdowns. But that will be totally up to the promoter. It is unlikely that you would find an "over 40" group and even more unlikely that you would find an "over 50" group. Even within a big group they may offer multiple categories based on age. You simply have to contact each race to find out what they are doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.