Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see Rahsaan Bahati getting results in the USA but I don't know much about him.

Is he on a track to get signed by a more prominent team, and perhaps get a chance in Europe, a la Ivan Dominguez? Or, not that this is a bad thing, is he destined just to remain cleaning up on crits?

Not asking for discussion about Rock Racing, including their owner, team car, their budget, or the cost of Rock jeans.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
being as rr will most likely not be around next season, im certain some continental team will pick him up. not sure how he does with stage races, not how much track time he has.

wonder if he could make the leap to cross...

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,576 Posts
He's fast, but he's not quite consistently fast enough to hang with pro-tour sprinters. In terms of pure speed for RR sprint finishes, I think Ivan Dominguez was faster...and he is suffering on Fuji.

Bahati had a good spring result recently with top sprinters, but he was dropped in the "mountain stage" the next day. Can win a stages if you get dropped in hills.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Andrea138 said:
He hates hills and time trials, so stage races may not be his thing :D
Rashaan needs to stay in So Cal and stick to doing nothing but crits.
Finished 2 minutes back in the Joe Martin Stage Race for the short opening TT.
Time cut for him. If you can't manage making a timecut in a 2.5 mile TT then you better stick to crits only. He will never get his chance to race against the REAL SPRINTERS because it just can't do stage racing.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
cycledog81 said:
Rashaan needs to stay in So Cal and stick to doing nothing but crits.
Finished 2 minutes back in the Joe Martin Stage Race for the short opening TT.
Time cut for him. If you can't manage making a timecut in a 2.5 mile TT then you better stick to crits only. He will never get his chance to race against the REAL SPRINTERS because it just can't do stage racing.
He needs to be more well rounded but I would note the TT is 2.5 miles at 6.8% average grade. Some strong domestic riders were deep in the results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts