Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used the Performance ripstop nylon pants. For 20 dollors they offer decent protection and are light weight. But they really are not water proof. In one sense I consider rain gear a myth because of the sweat factor. But at the same time I'm thinking that a nylon fabric with a durable laminate might keep me a bit more comfortable through them horrible spells. Again, part of me says "suck it up", use clothing that keeps you warm even when wet. But an other part of me says "maybe there is something better out there? One final question. Has anyone found a nylon laminated product that does not get shredded when worn under a helmet? I find that the hoods on nylon laminated water proof shells just fall apart when worn under a helmet. If anyone has rain gear they really believe in, I'd like to hear about it.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
For a combination of really cold (sub-40 degrees) AND really wet (heavy rain) I have a pair of Performance Goretex pants. They were priced well and came in yellow with lots of reflective bits. It's usually just commute rides that I'm out in these conditions.

For all other cool wet conditions I like wool tights. (I have Kucharik, I think.) I get wet, but stay reasonably warm without overheating. There are wool titghts on the Rivendell site, too. If it's wet and above the low-60s, I just wear shorts.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Wool tights from Longscycle.com

PdxMark said:
For a combination of really cold (sub-40 degrees) AND really wet (heavy rain) I have a pair of Performance Goretex pants. They were priced well and came in yellow with lots of reflective bits. It's usually just commute rides that I'm out in these conditions.

For all other cool wet conditions I like wool tights. (I have Kucharik, I think.) I get wet, but stay reasonably warm without overheating. There are wool titghts on the Rivendell site, too. If it's wet and above the low-60s, I just wear shorts.
DeMarchi. Supposed to be no name. No chamois, nice stuff. Really high waisted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts