Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings:
New guy here, attempting to gain whatever info and insight I can from all you experts here. I am the original owner of a 1970 Raleigh Grand Prix which I'd like to get back on the road. Kind of a winter project. It is complete except for wheels, which I just purchased a set of cheapos from e-Bay. I even have the original Brooks leather saddle.
What I'm looking for is a stock set of GP forks, as the ones I have are chrome aftermarket resulting from a crash right after I bought the bike (long story) and could not get new OEM forks at the time.
Does anyone have any info on late 60s-mid 70s GP parts?
Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
We're like lost souls here. There doesn't seem to be much interest in the older Raleigh bikes.

Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle handlebar

Here's one I just bought for $35.00. I just put air in the tires and started riding it. I'm in the process of stripping the bike for restoration. I'm surprised at how industrial this bike is compared to my Bianchi. Then again I've owned MGs. I shouldn't be at all surprised.

Richard Newton
My Bike Blog

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.