Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wifes beautiful grocery bike was the victim of a horrendous crime. Someone yanked her Brooks pro special s that she had just gotten a little bit broken in post and all. I tired a 27.2 but that is not it. Only other post I have is a 30.9. does any body know what size it is?

· Premium Member
20,696 Posts
sfsailor said:
My wifes beautiful grocery bike was the victim of a horrendous crime. Someone yanked her Brooks pro special s that she had just gotten a little bit broken in post and all. I tired a 27.2 but that is not it. Only other post I have is a 30.9. does any body know what size it is?

Do you know what model?

Sheldon has quite a few Raleighs listed

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/seatpost-sizes-m-z.html#r

My guess would be 25.4 but it's only an educated guess

· Unlabeled
3,729 Posts
sfsailor said:
I think it was 26.4, which is an odd size. I'm pretty sure that the seat tube is triple butted on this bike with a pretty thick wall at the top, giving the smaller seatpost size. If you get a chance, post a pick. I'm kind of attached to that frame and am really happy that it's getting use.

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I sent you some photos

I will reread the resize tutorial so can get them on the forum. I did find a 26.6 that came with our tandem and it was barely to large so the 26.4 sound correct I will let you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.