Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Done with winter.
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the rear spacing on the Raleigh One Way happens to be?

Sick of trawling for an old road frame for a new commuter project so I thought I'd pick up the complete (are they even sold as frame only?) and sell off the parts to build up with other stuff. It can also be the permanent home for my generator hub/light and maybe a rack and some of those Velo Orange aluminum fenders (might be a pain with track ends though.)

Anyone have one of these?

· Registered
78 Posts
One Way Spacing, where?

***I've been riding a Raleigh One Way for two months now, my first fix, and I really like this bike. Feels comfortable, tho maybe not as nimble - or skittish - as a more upright track style
frame, this feels just like road bike.

What do you mean by spacing? Is there some dimension you need? I can measure.
you might also try their web site, since some mfg give the actual frame geometry.

It's a great bike.

Gene, Brooklyn NY

· Done with winter.
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
For future reference the rear spacing is 120mm. I was worried it was 130 or something.

I ended up locating one after calling well into the second page of dealers on Raleigh's website. Now I'm trying to decide what to keep and what to pull off. The wheels aren't as bad as I thought, Dimension hubs to generic rims that look sorta like CXP 22s.

I'll post photos and review after a couple weeks of commuting on it...

· Registered
1 Posts
I picked one up a little over a month ago to replace the Specialized Langster that I used for commuting. The langster was nice, but just a tad too small. The One Way is great. I love the ride of the steel frame, solid and smooth. I've been commuting on it 3 days a week at 18 miles round trip since I bought it and I'm really happy. I removed the fenders for now, put on my lights and my Brooks saddle. Mine is a left over 2007 model that I got a great deal on.

Good luck.

Chris

· Registered
78 Posts
One Way, Neat Fixie

***Saw your recent post. Where do you commute from? I have been using this one
for 3 months now, and just am crazy about fixed riding, getting more confidant and faster
all the time. Maybe I'll even master the track stand eventually.

I ride in Brooklyn - NYC ev day, in traffic, at night, and never touch the brake,
tho it's good to have it. I think it's a very comfortable bike not as skittish
as a more true track frame, but I cannot get it to skid or skip yet. Might be
too long a wheelbase.

The gearing is stock, 42/15 and I can get up any local hill, but I don't think I'd
try it out in the country (NJ).

I found the bull bars work best.

bye

have fun, ride safe.

Gene, Brooklyn NY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.