Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I brought home a new Raleigh Rush Hour and the only question I have is:

Is there anythign special I should worry about before I try and pry these metal decals and stickers off the frame?

Can i simply pull them off and use some goof off to remove the adhesive left behind? Are they going to pull the paint off with them when they go?

It would seem they don't clear coat over the paint on this steel beauty so I imagine this paint will be rather fragile.

Thanks. I'm going to do her up a bit and then I'll post pictures. Nobody wants to see this thing with reflectors do they?

· duh...
9,749 Posts
is it painted or powdercoated? wouldn't worry if the latter

if those 'metal decals' are like some headbadges it's just on there with double-stick foam tape, no biggie, WD40 or goo gone to remove the residue

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Double toe clip straps

I want to get some nylon double straps for my MKS Sylvan track pedals but the websites I have looked at obscure what they sell in a variety of ways. Can anyone point me to a decent pair?

I have leather singles now and i don't care for them. I tried going back to clipless and I find that I love my Sylvans with clips I just need to double the straps. Now, do I need new toeclips to fit the double straps or do they just overlap when they go through the metal loop in the middle?

Thanks, I know I've been asking more question than usual lately.

Edit: It just occurred to me that they might not have nylon double straps. if so i will go with the leather. I just wish they were a bit longer than the ones i have now that just barely make it through the tuck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.