Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently saw the Advert for the Raleigh RX1. Anyone seen this bike on their website? I can't find it there. Looks great and i just sold my old jamis nova...sounds like bike time.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Saw at demo also

brad nicholson said:
I just recently saw the Advert for the Raleigh RX1. Anyone seen this bike on their website? I can't find it there. Looks great and i just sold my old jamis nova...sounds like bike time.
I saw one at a demo at the marrymoor track races a couple weeks ago. Looks good, easton carbon fork external bb truvative crank, egg beaters pedals included. They said price to be $1300. The brakes were tektro, but they did come with cartrige pads, so they could probably work for at least a season. Main bad spec was the shifter levers, I think they were tiara, or maybe sora, 9speed probably, rear derailer 105 I think, front I'm not sure, but probably tiara. If you upgraded to 9sp 105 front deraler and shifer levers, and maybe brakes later on it would be pretty good, especially with that fork. The 105 front deraler and shift levers would be about $150-180, but would be the best upgrade.

·
Registered
119 Posts
single1x1 said:
I saw one at a demo at the marrymoor track races a couple weeks ago. Looks good, easton carbon fork external bb truvative crank, egg beaters pedals included. They said price to be $1300. The brakes were tektro, but they did come with cartrige pads, so they could probably work for at least a season. Main bad spec was the shifter levers, I think they were tiara, or maybe sora, 9speed probably, rear derailer 105 I think, front I'm not sure, but probably tiara. If you upgraded to 9sp 105 front deraler and shifer levers, and maybe brakes later on it would be pretty good, especially with that fork. The 105 front deraler and shift levers would be about $150-180, but would be the best upgrade.
even tiagra you could live with, but the sora have that crappy small thumb lever...uggggg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.