Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Diphthong
Joined
·
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The toilet in the bathroom here at work faces 69 degrees (ENE).

What other randomness can we come up with?


(I'm bored)
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
<img src=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WYmedWkXk0I/SZd5JyI8Y4I/AAAAAAAAPjI/YAQKTnZlrZo/s400/your+cat-has-found-jesus.jpg>
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,955 Posts
Bats are mammals and nurse the pups from mammary glands. Each female recognizes her pups voice and smell and will nurse only her pup. During migrations to Mexico and back, bats may reach an altitude of 10,000 feet and velocities of 60 miles per hour.
 

·
Old enough to know better
Joined
·
720 Posts
Heres one that I still find really random yet cool.

The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.

& moar!
The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.
Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

that random enough for ya?
 

·
Old enough to know better
Joined
·
720 Posts
2cflyr said:
please explain to us why you were sitting on the toilet with a compass?

Maybe hes got an iphone w/ a compass app?
 

·
Sticky Valentine
Joined
·
28,404 Posts
deastin said:
Heres one that I still find really random yet cool.

The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.

ps: that's totally untrue.

Sorry, I didn't mean to break your heart.


joe
 

·
Large blurry non-mythical
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
Breaking Away

BREAKING AWAY: The film is 8th on the List of America's 100 Most Inspiring Movies compiled by The American Film Institute in 2006.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,615 Posts
the Earth flips its magnetic field ever 300,000 years. Since learning this a few minutes ago, we are arguing whether or not this would affect the moon's orbit, hence its effect on tides, earth's rotation, and life as we know it (I say no.)

I'd also like to know when it last flipped. Guess we'll know when it happens again when compasses all fail at once.
 

·
Hermia commutes
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
Christine said:
the Earth flips its magnetic field ever 300,000 years. Since learning this a few minutes ago, we are arguing whether or not this would affect the moon's orbit, hence its effect on tides, earth's rotation, and life as we know it (I say no.)

I'd also like to know when it last flipped. Guess we'll know when it happens again when compasses all fail at once.
From what I've heard about this if it happens we're all farked. And the end of the mayan calendar might be because of a predicted pole flipping. Apocalypse, baby!
 

·
Frog Whisperer
Joined
·
40,924 Posts
Christine said:
the Earth flips its magnetic field ever 300,000 years. Since learning this a few minutes ago, we are arguing whether or not this would affect the moon's orbit, hence its effect on tides, earth's rotation, and life as we know it (I say no.)

I'd also like to know when it last flipped. Guess we'll know when it happens again when compasses all fail at once.
actually, the evidence is pointing to the fact that the "flip" has already started.

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal
 

·
waterproof*
Joined
·
41,611 Posts
yeah according to the documentary I watched last week, the Mayans and several other civilizations predicted the end of the world in 2013.

and interpretations of their specifics indicate it'll be because of the poles flipping.
 

·
Frog Whisperer
Joined
·
40,924 Posts
Creaky....did you eat hand cream? See thread "OYYYYYYYYYYY"
 

·
Who needs a map?
Joined
·
2,527 Posts
Hollywood said:
Bats are mammals and nurse the pups from mammary glands. Each female recognizes her pups voice and smell and will nurse only her pup. During migrations to Mexico and back, bats may reach an altitude of 10,000 feet and velocities of 60 miles per hour.

What is the average air speed velocity of an unladen Mexican bat?
 

·
Hermia commutes
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
Creakyknees said:
yeah according to the documentary I watched last week, the Mayans and several other civilizations predicted the end of the world in 2013.

and interpretations of their specifics indicate it'll be because of the poles flipping.

Thanks, creaky. what's your phone number? I'll be sure to call you when I wake up in the middle of the night having apocalyptic nightmares.

(I know, I know, I started it. But it still freaks me out...)
 
1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top