Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was pleasantly surprised that people of all shapes and sizes came out and seem to enjoy the race. It appeared to be a decent sized crowd made up of more than just racers...

Best moment of the day was during the men's warmup and the little kids race, a young girl dropped her chain and a Colavita rider stopped, got her chain back on and rode to the finish with her....total class act...

Could the Slipstream guys be any friendlier? Had a nice conversation with Maggie and Will Frishkorn and thoroughly enjoyed talking to both. All the riders seemed thrilled to talk to all the fans and take pictures etc...(especially Maggy, who was in high demand from fans)...

Couldn't believe the lousy road conditions. The roads were a beat up mess...

Would it have hurt CSC to have more than 4 riders, and perhaps one of them could have made it past 1/2 way...

I can never have enough of looking at all of the top notch equipment....

Although I'll admit I thought I would have no interest, the ladies race was fascinating to watch as well and they haul a$$. I have a new respect for the ladies that I haven't had in the past....

Could Freddy Rodriguez be a little less pleasant? I realize that the riders have a lot on their pallet, but after watching Freddy give an interview by the team bus, two kids came up with new T-shirts that they had purchased (Or their parents purchased) and he didn't sign them, citing he "had to go now"...1 minute would have made their day...

Cheesecake Factory has crappy burgers...didn't have the cheesecake...

What happened on the Orange line metro to make it a sardine package...

All in all - a great time was had and I will be back,

Zach

· Registered
4,838 Posts
Qstick333 said:
Could Freddy Rodriguez be a little less pleasant? I realize that the riders have a lot on their pallet, but after watching Freddy give an interview by the team bus, two kids came up with new T-shirts that they had purchased (Or their parents purchased) and he didn't sign them, citing he "had to go now"...1 minute would have made their day...

Zach
Was this before of after he was warming up on the course pedaling around easy? He was #7,
right?

· Anti-Hero
10,405 Posts
Qstick333 said:
Although I'll admit I thought I would have no interest, the ladies race was fascinating to watch as well and they haul a$$. I have a new respect for the ladies that I haven't had in the past...
The pro 1/2 women are incredibly fierce, and won't hesitate to elbow you & edge you off into the gutter/curb to take the wheel in front of you, either. I imagine our races are a little like roller derby, but without the fat and fishnets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.