Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New VBulletin seems more stable.

"New" features don't seem to add a whole lot. Tagging? Rep?

Grief is a sneaky sucka' just when you thinks it's gone, it overpowers you.

Went out and shot pics this weekend...forgot how much I enjoyed it. Nice reminder.

Tired of the rain getting in the way of riding.

Always surprised that most people can't seem to see someone as having both good effects and bad effects. LA is the best current example, but there are many.

Why do people seem to need things to be either/or and not both?

Have a B-I-L that can't get out of his own way alienating everyone else........sad part is it's usually how he says things, not what he's trying to say....of course, by now he has no chips in the bank so he is always interpreted negatively....sad really.

Ego and labor negotiations are a bad mix. NFL and players were not all that far apart when mediation first broke down and seemingly have moved very little since then. Wish I could figure out how to give the fans a power position in this mess.

Every time someone on line gets under my skin, it usually is a mirror on some part of me that needs attention.....what's up with that?

More than once I've been tempted to create a sock-puppet and spend one day really blasting a few posters.........but then I go hug my wife.

Why do all the positive lessons from a severe emotional situation seem to fade as life gets comfortable again? I sure wish I didn't need a kick in the butt to learn.

How can some people be so un-self-aware? How could I be like that as frequently as I am?

Does any woman actually make a decision to buy a feminine napkin based on a commercial? Really?

Why does Indy-DOT think it's helpful to install large overhead traffic status boards....and then tell you the location of an accident using mile markers? where the hell is mile marker 93 on I70? D'uh

What do bathtubs have to do with erectile dysfunction?

What does it say about me that I haven't been to a doctor 5 times in the last 25 years?

Inquiring minds and all.

Len

·
Frog Whisperer
40,881 Posts
Len...thanks for posting those thoughts!

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Grief is a sneaky sucka' just when you thinks it's gone, it overpowers you. Amen Brother.

Went out and shot pics this weekend...forgot how much I enjoyed it. Nice reminder. Amen Brother.

Tired of the rain getting in the way of riding. Fenders

More than once I've been tempted to create a sock-puppet and spend one day really blasting a few posters.........but then I go hug my wife. Amen Brother

What do bathtubs have to do with erectile dysfunction? Well it is something that haven't been able to stop thinking about. The ads worked.

What does it say about me that I haven't been to a doctor 5 times in the last 25 years? Moreon, one of the reasons women live longer than men is that they are more likely to go to the doctor yearly. Be a man, start getting yearly checkups.

Len I am glad to see you finally got and are using spuell check. :D That you haven't has driven me nuts for years.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
New VBulletin seems more stable.

"New" features don't seem to add a whole lot. Tagging? Rep?
They add nothing, just a chance at silliness. We all need silly sometimes.

Grief is a sneaky sucka' just when you think it's gone, it overpowers you.
I hear you on this one, I just accept it as my new normal.:)

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
I enjoy your random thoughts.

partly because they bring up other random thoughts ... related (and not)

frankly, I think "Len J's Random Thoughts" should become a regular, recurring thread...

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
More than once I've been tempted to create a sock-puppet and spend one day really blasting a few posters.........but then I go hug my wife.
I do the same thing, but lately your wife hasn't been hugging me back. Ask her why.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
This still happens to me today. Simple things will trigger memories and it hits me like a brick! I have accepted it as normal at this point!

·
the fist
13,711 Posts

Len
grief. it is small things like this that bring it to bear.

I have a very good friend in hospice care dying this very day due to liver and kidney failure brought on by alcoholism and drug abuse complicated by HEP C & HIV.

I went to see him 2 weekends ago, but he was unconscious the 4 days I was at the hospital. Then he regained consciousness & now I cant go see him. But I did get to have a nice conversation, right before he went into hospice for about an hour.

I love him so dearly; He is my brother. It hurts to the ends of my being.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
grief. it is small things like this that bring it to bear.

I have a very good friend in hospice care dying this very day due to liver and kidney failure brought on by alcoholism and drug abuse complicated by HEP C & HIV.

I went to see him 2 weekends ago, but he was unconscious the 4 days I was at the hospital. Then he regained consciousness & now I cant go see him. But I did get to have a nice conversation, right before he went into hospice for about an hour.

I love him so dearly; He is my brother. It hurts to the ends of my being.
That sucks. Peace brother.

Len

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This still happens to me today. Simple things will trigger memories and it hits me like a brick! I have accepted it as normal at this point!
My Mom dies in 1973 ........My youngest daughter is graduating with her Masters this month and my oldest son is getting Married in Oct. Both these events reminded me how much my Mom would have reveled in them and made me sad she wasn't here. 38 years and you'd think It wouldn't hit me. Sure.

It's the cost of caring.

len

·
waterproof*
41,602 Posts
Why does Indy-DOT think it's helpful to install large overhead traffic status boards....and then tell you the location of an accident using mile markers? where the hell is mile marker 93 on I70? D'uh
It's near exit 93. HTH.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's near exit 93. HTH.
LOL

Stupidist thing ever.

You would think someone would just say "Accident westbound on I&0 1/2 mile past the Keystone exit." You know something people would understand immediatly. :mad2:

Len
'

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
LOL

Stupidist thing ever.

You would think someone would just say "Accident westbound on I&0 1/2 mile past the Keystone exit." You know something people would understand immediatly. :mad2:

Len
'
It may be the way I was brought up but I think of exits by number rather than by name. That way you know how far it is to your exit from wherever you are. It also allows people not familiar to areas to know how far it is.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It may be the way I was brought up but I think of exits by number rather than by name. That way you know how far it is to your exit from wherever you are. It also allows people not familiar to areas to know how far it is.
I see your point, but the Problem is, in my lifetime, exit numbers have changed to coincide with mile marker numbers.....believe it or not, that is a relativly recent thing. So that wouldn't help me or anyone that's been around for a while. In addition, and maybe I'm wrong, but most locals know exits by street names I think.

In addition, are these warnings primarily for locals or for visitors.....I would say, especially at rush hour, they are for locals......in my experience, locals have names for parts of interstates that make them instantly recognizable (Those of you from Dallas will know exactly where the mix-master is) (In Indy, it's the 65 split)...why wouldn't they use these to let drivers know where problems are?

I have yet to find anyone in Indy that knows what milage marker is where, so the warnings become useless.

Len

1 - 20 of 35 Posts