Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a series of red itchy blotches on my forhead for a couple of weeks and finally figured out the spots aligned perfectly with the pads on my cycling helmet. So, any excuse for more cycling paraphenlia I bought a new helmet.

It's been almost a week and the itchy blotches are still there; so my wife, an MD, thought I could have a yeast infection caused by all the sweat etc. from years of riding with the same helmet. She suggested I try some of her 'girlie cream' for the yeast situation. Well, she is pretty smart and the consultation was free, so I gave it a try.

Now, I've been called a d**k head before...but I don't know what you call this!

·
Registered
595 Posts
if you sweat a lot, changing out the pads or washing them regularly is a must...

maybe even pick up a pair of helmets if they don't have time to sufficiently dry between rides.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Could be an allergy to synthetic fabric

eyefly said:
I have had a series of red itchy blotches on my forhead for a couple of weeks and finally figured out the spots aligned perfectly with the pads on my cycling helmet. So, any excuse for more cycling paraphenlia I bought a new helmet.

It's been almost a week and the itchy blotches are still there; so my wife, an MD, thought I could have a yeast infection caused by all the sweat etc. from years of riding with the same helmet. She suggested I try some of her 'girlie cream' for the yeast situation. Well, she is pretty smart and the consultation was free, so I gave it a try.

Now, I've been called a d**k head before...but I don't know what you call this!
The best way to test this is to wear a cheap bra for a couple of weeks, if you get itchy strap lines that match your forehead, you'll know I'm right.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Scientific Experiment to Supporting Cycling

Kristin said:
The best way to test this is to wear a cheap bra for a couple of weeks, if you get itchy strap lines that match your forehead, you'll know I'm right.
This sounds very scientific! Eyefly - I think this is an opportunity for you to serve the biking community. Please follow Kristin's advice and have your wife take 360 degree digital photos daily. Of course we will need to see how the equipment is mounted in order to ensure sweaty areas are consistant. Please post pics on this thread for all to see! :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.