Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Make: Azuki
Year: 1974
Color: Silver
Condition: Mint

The pack under the seat came with some surprises:

It's a little heavy, but works very well. Anyway, I don't know much about bicycles in general and even less about any specific brand of bicycles. Are Azuki's considered reliable/good bikes?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ride it and enjoy it

Judging by the build and the type of components on the bike it was a entry level bike you typically found at department stores. You will be lucky to get more than $20 bucks at a garage sale if you try to sell.

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
groggyfrog said:
It's a little heavy, but works very well. Anyway, I don't know much about bicycles in general and even less about any specific brand of bicycles. Are Azuki's considered reliable/good bikes?
Cool bike. Azukis were among the earlier brands of Japanese bikes to get mass-marketed in the USA. It was inexpensive to begin with, and it does not have much monetary value as a collector, but it should be a nice bike to fix up and tool around on. As you point out, it is not the lightest machine on the planet, but it was well-built and came with decent components. With a tune up or (preferably) and overhaul, it should be a very reliable bicycle that can stand up to the abuses of urban cycling.

Pay no attention to those who throw their noses up at it! Go enjoy the ride!

Yours,

Forbes B-Black

·
Unlabeled
3,720 Posts
if it's ridden it will be cool

Any 32 year old bike in near mint condition gets my attention when I see one being ridden.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts