Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I was riding to work when I came upon two recently run-over rats near where the once-prolific RBR commuting poster, Arby, used to live. Arby's rat photos were classics. Unfortunately, I cannot find any to post (Arby has removed most of his photos). It has been almost a year since Arby and his bride moved from Baltimore to NYC and well over a year since Arby stopped posting here on RBR. Both Baltimore and this forum are the poorer for it. I just sent Arby an email and if I hear anything from him, I will post an update.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Too bad he doesn't do some random "ghost" postings of pics once in a while. Hope all is well with him.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ridgetop said:
Too bad he doesn't do some random "ghost" postings of pics once in a while. Hope all is well with him.
I have not had a response to my email to him, yet. But, I was checking his blog and it looks like he is doing some photography in NYC. I am not sure if Arby would want to be "outed" here, so I will send you a PM with a link to his blog.

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
Yeah,
Arby is being missed. I miss his pictures and all the future rides that never happened.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
I miss his videos.

Maybe he'll show up at the 20 year reunion...

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MarkS said:
I just sent Arby an email and if I hear anything from him, I will post an update.
Arby responded to my email. Here is an excerpt:

I'm flattered that you saw a dead rat on Cathedral Street and thought of me! That's really funny.

Hope you have been well. T___ and I are doing fantastic in NY. My job is great. . . . I love my job. (despite the fact that I have to wear a tie all week - remember the time you loaned me a shirt & cuff links? Ha!)

T___ finished her first semester . . . with straight A's and she is enjoying grad school.

I haven't been doing any real riding. Just bopping around NY on my fixed gear with the camera.

Let me know the next time you come to NY and maybe we can connect fr lunch or dinner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts