·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here you go, mah brothas.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
You've been on a bike-building binge lately, and all red ones at that. What's with that? Did you inherit some money? Nice bike.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tarwheel2 said:
You've been on a bike-building binge lately, and all red ones at that. What's with that? Did you inherit some money? Nice bike.
I wish. I got rid of the 700c bikes and am down to two 650b bikes and a commuter/grocery bike. This one replaced my Rivendell Quickbeam, about which I had no complaints other than it felt a little weird with fat 700c tires.

It's funny that they happen to be red, since I'm not really into red. Just no other options with these two.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Well you're a regular 650b - Rivendell poster child now! Funny, I would have bought a Bleriot or Kogswell a while ago if they were available for 700c wheels. The roads are good around here and I seldom ride trails, so I have little need for fatter tires.

BTW, what kind of rims are those on your Rawland? I'm looking for some stouter rims for my touring bike.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tarwheel2 said:
Well you're a regular 650b - Rivendell poster child now! Funny, I would have bought a Bleriot or Kogswell a while ago if they were available for 700c wheels. The roads are good around here and I seldom ride trails, so I have little need for fatter tires.

BTW, what kind of rims are those on your Rawland? I'm looking for some stouter rims for my touring bike.
I know. It's horrible. Last night I rode in shorts, leg warmers, a flannel shirt over a T-shirt and Birkenstocks. And Riv doesn't even pay me. :D

Just FYI: the Olaf and Sogn (geared version) will take 700c tires--there's lots of clearance.

The front is a Velocity something and the rear is a Velocity Synergy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts