Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on ebay this morning and I'm wondering what it's worth. I've got two frames/forks identical to this hanging in my garage, one yellow and white the other red and white. Only difference is I have the Ritchey crown fork. No parts on them just frames.

The Japanese retro bike scene seems to be getting bigger here in Toronto. Wondering if it's a good time to get rid of the RB-1 frame that's too big for me.

Anyway what can I expect to sell a 93 RB-1 frame/fork in great shape for? I've only seen complete bikes for sale.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You'll find out if you just watch the ebay auction. That will give you a better answer then you can get here.

What size are your RB-1s?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just looking for a dollar value on the frame and fork.

Yellow and white is 56 and the red and white is 58.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've seen guys asking the 500-600 dollar range on CL but that's been full bike and don't know if they've been getting it or not. Of course, thats U.S. dollars, which is about $10000000000000000 Canadian.

·
Boobies!
8,163 Posts
What's the top tube length c-t-c on the larger frame? May be interested....

·
Registered
472 Posts
$250-$400 depending on condition. BTW, that's a 1992 RB-1. The 1993 had yellow chainstays, seat tube and bottom bracket.

·
Registered
208 Posts
In the "completed auctions" section, that same bike pictured above, sold for over $900 with 25 bids. Don't know why it's been re listed. Other examples sold for $470 and $630. A frame and fork got zero bids, but it was pretty large.

·
Vintage cyclist
732 Posts
Starting this bike off at $999 is complete stupidity. It's a $500 bike, TOPS.
The only way someone would pay $1000 for it, is if it were to have some sort of sentimental value.
Frame only would be $200 - $250 if they're pristine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts