Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting the jersey and a pair of the shorts or the bibs. Im new to cycling and only have one jersey and a pair of shorts and it is getting annoying having to wash after every ride (i live in an apartment so i need lots of quarters) or having to ride in the jersey and shorts more than once if i cant wash them. I have a plain jersey and would like something a little different. Don't want to feel like im trying to be Lance or some other pro by wearing a pro jersey especially since im new. The RBR combo seems to be a nice choice to avoid this situation, atleast until i get faster on my bike. Would be nice to have another set and was wondering who had them and what they thought about them. I think its made by velor. Not to familiar with them and was wondering if they are durable and functional. Are the shorts comfy?

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I don't have them, but I think they look nice. I don't want to discourage you from getting a set, and if you have only one pair of cycling clothes, there are other less expensive choices.

· Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
Have'em. Good stuff. It's Voler and their chamois are fairly good. There are cheaper choices out there but these will last a while and they look good ;)

· Registered
460 Posts
I have a set (SS jersey, shorts, wind jacket--and soon to be getting a LS jersey). Pretty good quality, although the weave on the jersey seems to snag on stuff a bit and pull. Otherwise I really like it. Haven't tried the bibs, but if I were going to do it again, I'd get the bibs over the shorts. I agree on the chamois--pretty comfy. There are various ride report threads posted here with pics of riders in the RBR kit.

· i like whiskey
8,493 Posts
n1civicsi said:
or having to ride in the jersey and shorts more than once if i cant wash them.
Yuck!

Certainly get you another pair of shorts or two. The Voler stuff is fine and not too expensive. The RBR kit was designed by members of this site and it looks good. I have a jersey and pair of bibs and am very happy with both the quality and durability. The bibs are one of my favorite pairs to wear. And supporting this site is a good thing!

Signup for the Voler email list and you'll get deals sent to you every month. Their lower end shorts are about $40 and do the job just fine.

As for cheap jerseys, you can get moisture wicking tshirts online pretty cheap. Google Doufold or Zyflex and you can find some good deals. Target carries some stuff by Champion too. They are not the "roadie" thing to wear, but they work well if you are on a budget.

· The Original and The Best
1,296 Posts
n1civicsi said:
I think its made by velor. Not to familiar with them and was wondering if they are durable and functional. Are the shorts comfy?
I love Voler. They fit and feel great. :thumbsup: I now buy all of my jerseys and bibs from them. Here is a thread about the RBR jersey from last winter when they were on sale. Also, there was an announcement from Francois or Gregg about the new LS jerseys, jackets, and vests, but I don't know how to find that again. A couple of people mentioned that the blue colors on the jerseys and bibs don't match, but I can't find that thread either. HTH.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?p=452836

· Alien Musician
4,542 Posts
For Christmas my brother in-law got me three different jerseys (one MTBR, one
RBR, and one CCCP) and two pairs of shorts thru Voler (one MTBR, one RBR).

So far no problems, they look nice although they are a SNUG fit so if you're a big
guy you might err on the side of bigness as far as sizing goes... I'm 5'7"ish and
I think he ended up getting me a large for everything and last January I could
barely fit into it, I'm doing better now that I've lost about 15 pounds since then
just so that if you're a clyde you might think of upsizing it!

· i like whiskey
8,493 Posts
aliensporebomb said:
For Christmas my brother in-law got me three different jerseys (one MTBR, one
RBR, and one CCCP) and two pairs of shorts thru Voler (one MTBR, one RBR).

So far no problems, they look nice although they are a SNUG fit so if you're a big
guy you might err on the side of bigness as far as sizing goes... I'm 5'7"ish and
I think he ended up getting me a large for everything and last January I could
barely fit into it, I'm doing better now that I've lost about 15 pounds since then
just so that if you're a clyde you might think of upsizing it!
You've got a nice brother-in-law to get you all that stuff for Christmas! I didn't get squat from mine. Maybe his $15,000 tax bill had something to do with it :)

It's weird that the jerseys run small on you. I find it just the opposite. Now I'm 6'5", so obviously we're built differently, and I usually wear an XL. The Voler XL jersey was too baggy on me, but a large fits perfect. I do prefer the race fit where everything is more snug though.

Either way, they have a good return policy so getting the right size should be easy enough if you have to exchange.

All in all, thumbs up on Voler. Good quality, good fit, good price, and good service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.