Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed in bill's thread that there are a lot of attorneys on RBR.

So a) where do you work, b) what type of law do you practice, and c) will you hire me?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
c) will you hire me?
No offence or anything, but from what I've gathered from your interaction on RBR, someone would to be:

A. Insane

B. Desperate to get a lease filled for a while until they could find someone else.

C. Very, very, very charitable

Goodluck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,706 Posts
FTF said:
No offence or anything, but from what I've gathered from your interaction on RBR, someone would to be:

A. Insane

B. Desperate to get a lease filled for a while until they could find someone else.

C. Very, very, very charitable

Goodluck!

D. In need of ANOTHER attorney to spend all his work time on the internets
 

·
Soon to be banned
Joined
·
14,475 Posts
I hear chuck norris is looking for an att'y. :p
 

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
Joined
·
7,746 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
I noticed in bill's thread that there are a lot of attorneys on RBR.

So a) where do you work, b) what type of law do you practice, and c) will you hire me?

a) Denver, Colorado
b) Plaintiff's civil rights (plus the occasionally interesting funky tort)
c) Uhhhhh....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,627 Posts
Quick, Scotty

You have to get registered in Mexico, so then you can help J's and Hickey get out of jail in Tiajuana this weekend.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Sorry, Colorado's closed, we aren't accepting any new residents.
 

·
Roadies Rejoice
Joined
·
975 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
c) will you hire me?
Go back to undergrad and obtain a qualifying engineering or science degree, take the patent bar exam, pass the patent bar exam, let me know...

I'll wait...........................................................................................................
........................................................
 

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SteveCnj said:
Go back to undergrad and obtain a qualifying engineering or science degree, take the patent bar exam, pass the patent bar exam, let me know...

I'll wait...........................................................................................................
........................................................
Man, if I went back and got a science degree, do you think I'd go to law school?

If I didn't have a stoopid liberal arts education, I'd be in med school, not law school. :mad:

Then I'd be able to afford the Lamborghini Diablo or Porsche Carrera GT I'm looking at right now... (I have a view of the Bentley/Porsche/Lambo dealer from my window right now.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,627 Posts
SteveCnj said:
Therein lies the reason that there will always be a relative shortage of patent attorneys, Yipee!! (We're special)
Oh, man, I have to read patent law journals for work, talk about boring oneself to death.
 

·
Roadies Rejoice
Joined
·
975 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Man, if I went back and got a science degree, do you think I'd go to law school?

If I didn't have a stoopid liberal arts education, I'd be in med school, not law school. :mad:

Then I'd be able to afford the Lamborghini Diablo or Porsche Carrera GT I'm looking at right now... (I have a view of the Bentley/Porsche/Lambo dealer from my window right now.)
Therein lies the reason that there will always be a relative shortage of patent attorneys, Yipee!! (We're special)
 

·
In need of sock puppet
Joined
·
9,420 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Man, if I went back and got a science degree, do you think I'd go to law school?

If I didn't have a stoopid liberal arts education, I'd be in med school, not law school. :mad:

Then I'd be able to afford the Lamborghini Diablo or Porsche Carrera GT I'm looking at right now... (I have a view of the Bentley/Porsche/Lambo dealer from my window right now.)
The days of doctors driving Diablos or Carrera GTs are over. The workload hasn't decreased but the profits have.

You need to start-up a porn enterprise like "girls gone wild", or secure welding/catering contracts in Iraq to afford those kinda rides.
 

·
Roadies Rejoice
Joined
·
975 Posts
lousylegs said:
Oh, man, I have to read patent law journals for work, talk about boring oneself to death.
The allegedly boring aspects of patent work keep out the riff-raff.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
thinkcooper said:
The days of doctors driving Diablos or Carrera GTs are over. The workload hasn't decreased but the profits have.

You need to start-up a porn enterprise like "girls gone wild", or secure welding/catering contracts in Iraq to afford those kinda rides.
Or you could start running guns, stealing pensions from your workers, etc etc. HTH
 

·
In need of sock puppet
Joined
·
9,420 Posts
FTF said:
Or you could start running guns, stealing pensions from your workers, etc etc. HTH
Being a lawyer would make either of those endeavors a lot easier. BTW, I like lawyers for the same reason I like a magazine fed black semi-auto. Power. Good stuff. If I'd have had the aptitude for the career earlier in life, I would've persued it.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top