Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The view is the reward
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Profilic RBR contributor MarkS is in town next weekend and I'll be taking him on a tour of the Berkeley and Oakland Hills. If anyone wants to join us next Sat January 21st for a off-season easy paced 55 miles (depending on the weather) then let me know. We'll be starting at 9:00AM and I'll announce the starting spot when I determine if and how many people wish to join us.

Updated Thursday January 19: Meet at the Berkeley Rose Garden at 9:00AM if you wish to join us. You can drive there and park on the street in front of the gardens if you wish. Let me know if we should be looking for you. I picked a spot where cyclists don't normally meet to prevent any confusion.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Fogdweller said:
MarkS in the Bay!!? Keep us posted! I'll see if I can get a hall pass for the first part of the day.
Yeah, I may be deeply rooted on the East Coast, but I do get an occasional trip away from here. I have a meeting in San Francisco on Friday and for once I am not taking the red eye home. I have not had too much good riding weather lately (it's 40 degrees with 30-45 mph winds right now). So, don't laugh when I am riding at the back of the pack.

Instead of my sitting here on the computer, I better do something to get ready. I had planned to do Spinervals 13.0 today (i.e., Tough Love -- 3 hours long). Now, I thinking about doing Spinervals 9.0 (i.e., Have Mercy -- 2 hours long). If I don't get on the trainer soon, . . .

Looking forward to next weekend.

Mark

·
Ya, what ATP said...!
2,140 Posts
With regrets

Too much going on on Saturday so I will have to bow out on this one. I can, however, extend and offer of lunch on Friday if you're downtown and an early Sunday ride with my crew, the Marin FOG BC (Fat Old Guys or F*kin' Old Guys depending on you opinions of personal BMI). We do a brisk 35 followed by strong coffee and have several scenic routes to choose from. I'll PM you my details if you're interested in either. Have a great ride on Saturday if I don't get to meet up with you.

·
The view is the reward
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've included a map to the start of this ride in the original message (thread message #1... see above). Let me know if you will be joining us.

·
Ya, what ATP said...!
2,140 Posts
I had a drink with Mark this evening before catching my bus. What a perfect gent. Have a great ride on Saturday don't beat him up to badly. We would like him to return at some point.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Fogdweller said:
I had a drink with Mark this evening before catching my bus. What a perfect gent. Have a great ride on Saturday don't beat him up to badly. We would like him to return at some point.
Thanks for the drink. I enjoyed it. It won't be too hard to beat me up too badly. I was looking at my riding log just before I left home yesterday. I can't believe how little I have ridden in the last six weeks.

Be careful about wishing for my return. I have a Southwest frequent flier ticket that expires fairly soon.

Mark

·
Registered
309 Posts
steephill said:
I've included a map to the start of this ride in the original message (thread message #1... see above). Let me know if you will be joining us.
Work's picked up so I won't be able to make it down.

I'd be interested in the future though, and appreciate the offer.

·
Ya, what ATP said...!
2,140 Posts
MarkS said:
Be careful about wishing for my return. I have a Southwest frequent flier ticket that expires fairly soon.
The Left Coasties will be ready. Rubber side down my friend. Rubber side down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts