Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to get the ball rolling for another RBR ride. Thought this would be fun. Sunday September 7, 9:00 am The ride would start at the Alpine Glow parking lot in Golden off of highway 93 and Washington. Ride north on 93 about a mile turn west up Golden Gate to 119, north on 119 through Rollinsville and then turn east on highway 72 (Golden Gate Canyon) back to highway 93. Should be about 55 miles with lots of climbing. I'll have cold beers in a cooler after the ride. Who's in? If someone has a better route, maybe alittle shorter lets hear it. I just want to ride again the last one was a blast.

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
I think that might be the Tour de Fat weekend in Fort Collins.

·
Diphthong
4,989 Posts
Pablo said:
I think that might be the Tour de Fat weekend in Fort Collins.
Tis the same weekend.

I'm a maybe at this point. My wife has a tri that day.

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,497 Posts
Sledgehammer03 said:
I'll be there, and I'll still be slow.
Premature acceptance.

Apparently I have to take my wife to the airport ant 10ish. I am good on the 6th (Saturday) or the following weekend.

I think I better go do a test ride up Golden Gate Canyon.

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
I might be able to ride the 14th, I'll have to check. Warning: I might be fit by that time.

·
Diphthong
4,989 Posts
I'm a maybe on the 14th as well. I'll keep tabs on the thread and make it if I can.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Woolbury said:
I'll put it on the schedule. I have knee surgery next week, but hope I'm riding agin within a few weeks. Haven't done Golden Gate yet this year, that's a fun ride.
Hope your surgery went well. Have you gotten back in the saddle yet?

Buy the way if anyone wants to carpool from the SW area (285 and C-470) I have a van with a roof rack and can fit 3 riders.

·
Registered
217 Posts
bubba biker said:
Hope your surgery went well. Have you gotten back in the saddle yet?

Buy the way if anyone wants to carpool from the SW area (285 and C-470) I have a van with a roof rack and can fit 3 riders.
Yea, went as well as I could ask. Had a scope for torn meniscus, still sore but rideable. I was back on the bike in 5 days pedaling the neighborhood. 2 weeks out and I'm doing 35-40 mi rides, pretty good pace, but no big climbs yet. I think I would have tackled GGC, but it turns out I'm back to Chicago that weekend. Sorry to miss out, maybe hook up for one more before seasons done?

·
Diphthong
4,989 Posts
I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make this ride. Looks like that day is turning into a Monarch Crest shuttle day.

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,497 Posts
Is this going to happen?

I'm in. Is anyone else?

I will am still slow, especially on the hills, but I still have fun and look forward to riding and having a few beers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.