Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RBR TdF 2018 Predictions! Post by Start Time 2018

Hello, everyone. Since we are all so smart about road racing, let's show it off: post your predictions before start time for the 2018 Tour de France. Talk is cheap. Can you call it a month before the final stage? A year?

At the end of the 2018 TdF, I will review how well we did. Historically, we have been pretty lousy, with some moments of brilliance.

Bon chance!

Call first, or try first, second, or third-
Yellow/Podium/GC:
Green/points:
Polka-Dot/climber:
White/youth:
Red/combatif:
Team:

Lantern Rouge:
DNF:
Brown/Douche:
Honorable Mention:

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
PJay;5169841[/QUOTE said:
Thanks PJay! Never too soon, hahaha!

Lets get started before we even see start lists and course details!

Call first, or try first, second, or third-
Yellow/Podium/GC: Froome
2nd- Dumoulin
3rd- Landa
Green/points: Sagan
Polka-Dot/climber: Barguil
White/youth: Calimajean
Red/combatif: Pick any French rider.
Team: Sunweb

Lantern Rouge: Luke Rowe, quietly going for a record.
DNF: Kittle
Brown/Douche: Bouhani
Honorable Mention: Yates (see what I did there?)

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Waiting on the startlist.

Thinking Froome gets his double this year.
Then a ruling comes down from the CAS and we get to see how consistent/inconsistent the UCI is.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
I plan on making a run at our TdF Velogames competition, so I won’t give up all my “secrets” here (which would only likely result in you finishing mid table anyway :) ).

I will go out on a limb and say Froome doesn’t end up racing the TdF. The people that run Le Tour are some of the most influential people in the sport in my opinion and I say they push the right buttons to get a decision before the start. I also think he further damaged people’s opinion about whether he is racing clean by coming back to win the Giro the way he did. I bet alarms are going off for the TdF planners.

Hinault: Chris Froome should not have started the Giro, he should be suspended | Cyclingnews.com

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features...ome-and-trying-to-understand-the-unbelievable

Other than that, I expect good rides from Bardet, Landa, Quintana, Roglic, Gaviria, Sagan, etc.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Metaphorically pacing back-and-forth waiting for the finalized Start List...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Also waiting on start list.

However for a different prediction: Landa and Quintana end up in a war with each other and Valverde finishes higher in GC than both of them.
You are, if nothing else, consistent as hell!
Long live King Valverde

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
My podium is Aru, Bouhanni and Boonen (not necessarily in that order).
This would be like the tour of the redeemers, all three need a hail mary to pacify their handlers.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I plan on making a run at our TdF Velogames competition, so I won’t give up all my “secrets” here (which would only likely result in you finishing mid table anyway :) ).

I will go out on a limb and say Froome doesn’t end up racing the TdF. The people that run Le Tour are some of the most influential people in the sport in my opinion and I say they push the right buttons to get a decision before the start. I also think he further damaged people’s opinion about whether he is racing clean by coming back to win the Giro the way he did. I bet alarms are going off for the TdF planners.

Hinault: Chris Froome should not have started the Giro, he should be suspended | Cyclingnews.com

Philippa York: Chris Froome and trying to understand the unbelievable | Cyclingnews.com

Other than that, I expect good rides from Bardet, Landa, Quintana, Roglic, Gaviria, Sagan, etc.
I feel like with Froome deeply disappointing even his critics, it may be time to root for the most boring rider in the pro peloton... Quintana.

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TdF 2018 begins Saturday, July 07, at 11:10 local time / CET. That time zone is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Time.
So, 11:10 am CET would be 5:10 am Eastern, 6:10 Central, 7:10 Mountain, 8:10 Pacific.

So, get predictions in before 5:10 Eastern Time!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts