Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in riding the Napa Century? Any thoughts - is it a good ride? Is it a challenge or a crusher? I have ridden a number of centuries and am looking for a new ride.
Thanx for for your comments.

·
Registered
309 Posts
eha said:
I am interested in riding the Napa Century? Any thoughts - is it a good ride? Is it a challenge or a crusher? I have ridden a number of centuries and am looking for a new ride.
Thanx for for your comments.
Do you mean the Tour of Napa Valley?
http://www.eaglecyclingclub.org/tour.htm

I really enjoyed doing the century last year and if it works out will do it again. Nice course with two decent climbs-Mt. Veeder and Ink Grade. Great setting around the wine grapes and the Pope Valley.

·
Life In the big ring
244 Posts
Challenging crusher

for me anyway. The climbs aren't so bad, but 100 hilly miles in the heat crushes me. It is a fantastic ride and I would recommend it to any century rider. The support is great and the rest stops are some of the best in the state (more homemade baked goods than you'd know what to do with) and the post ride BBQ... well I just wanted to say that.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Great roads and support; great climbs and pacelines. did it last year and I think the temps swung from about 50 to 105. Rode a 52/42, 12-24 and strained my left knee. Lower gears would have been better. make sure to reserve some energy for the headwind on Silverado Trail in the last 15-20 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.