Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
nope...

There is no similar item that will work with Campy, but you can make a fairly simple modification that will do the same thing. I use epoxy putty, placed behind the quick release pin to prevent the brake lever from reaching the fully open position. I've got a write-up on the detail that I can e-mail.

Look at the picture of one of my levers. After I have the putty in place, I apply a little flat black paint, so you can hardly see it.

·
Getting fit.
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like it you can send me a write up on how to do that.

Also, have you ever considered using a shim where the lever meets the bar to angle it forward a bit? just a small shim should change the angle sufficiently??

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
roadie_490 said:
I would like it you can send me a write up on how to do that.

Also, have you ever considered using a shim where the lever meets the bar to angle it forward a bit? just a small shim should change the angle sufficiently??
A shim would foul up the comfort of the brake hoods. It's not a good way to fix the problem. I've been doing this mod for about 5 years. It works and it's not permanent. The epoxy adheres good enough so it doesn't fall off, but it can be removed with a little prying and scraping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts