Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a Time VXRS frame in small as a replacement for my VXR. The VXR was a medium with a Time 90mm stem (measures 100mm along top).

While waiting for the frame I have been riding a Specialized Sirrus with drops and have found the fit better in terms of efficiency and comfort. How do I replicate the position on the Time which has a 540mm TT and a 73 degree STA compared to a 545mm TT and 74 degree STA on the Sirrus?

· Registered
480 Posts
54.5 TT & 74 STA would have the about the same reach as a 55.5 TT and 73 STA. So you would need a stem that is 15mm longer on the Time as what is on the Sirrus because the Time's TT is only 54cm.

You don't list the headtube lenghts. They will certainly affect the fit too.

· Registered
10,161 Posts
saddle fore/aft...

In addition to the longer stem, the saddle should be the same model and positioned at the same fore/aft position relative to the BB, or careful KOP measurements taken on both bikes, if the saddles are different.

The head tube angle can have a small effect on the reach, but it rarely amounts to much. As for the head tube length, if only affects the fit if the total length with the headset and spacers is different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.