Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Reading yesterday. Pretty good day of racing. Sevilla dominated the race. Pretty good crowd and nice little street fair.
Some observations.
Very well attended on weekday. Downtown Reading has tons of potential to be a cool little town, but not there yet.
on of the Vendors at the fair, started tearing down early. To me incredible unpro and very direspectful.
We brought our dog and most reading folk acted like they never saw one before, like he was an alien or something.
Lookin forward to Philly on Sunday. Hopefully Sevilla can do it twice, but it probably will end in field sprint, for jj haedo, or a high road guy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
jhamlin38 said:
Went to Reading yesterday. Pretty good day of racing. Sevilla dominated the race. Pretty good crowd and nice little street fair.
Some observations.
Very well attended on weekday. Downtown Reading has tons of potential to be a cool little town, but not there yet.
on of the Vendors at the fair, started tearing down early. To me incredible unpro and very direspectful.
We brought our dog and most reading folk acted like they never saw one before, like he was an alien or something.
Lookin forward to Philly on Sunday. Hopefully Sevilla can do it twice, but it probably will end in field sprint, for jj haedo, or a high road guy.
JJ isn't in Philly this week. If it comes to a field sprint I'd look for Bennati (if he can make it 6 hours in 95 degree heat. With the heat I'm thinking a break has a chance this year, though.

Eric

·
Registered
964 Posts
I grew up in Reading and let me tell you it is a town that has hit rock bottom and is on the way up. In the 50's it was the place to be. Then things got bad, then worse, now there are some visionaries who are looking to make things better.

The area around Reading makes for great road racing. It is rolling hills all around with some punch you in the face steep little climbs.

I have been out of the for a year and a half now but I miss it.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
<strike>I drove through Reading last year, and from the freeway it looked scenic enough that I even commented to my wife that I wouldn't mind living there.</strike>

Never mind, the area I was remembering was Cumberland, MD

·
Registered
133 Posts
I also grew up in Reading. Don't know about the "way up" part -- downtown is really depressing compared to the way it was even in the 70s -- but there is great riding around the area.

The Mount Penn climb is a leg-breaker. There was a pro criterium in Reading for a few years in the 80s.

funktekk said:
I grew up in Reading and let me tell you it is a town that has hit rock bottom and is on the way up. In the 50's it was the place to be. Then things got bad, then worse, now there are some visionaries who are looking to make things better.

The area around Reading makes for great road racing. It is rolling hills all around with some punch you in the face steep little climbs.

I have been out of the for a year and a half now but I miss it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.