Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I think it may be. Colnago made some almost entry level frames plus this one is in Europe which also has different models that the US. I havea 1983 Super and this one dates to a similiar period based on the braze-on etc.

Other than the BB cutout, the stamped details look correct (top of brake bridge, dropouts, "Export" on the top of seatstays, club cutout on the downtube lug).

But, as usual, buyer beware........

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The one pictured in Mark Bulgier's scans is earlier than the one on ebay. The earlier Colnago's have spoon style seat stay caps; the later ones are flat with the stamped lettering in them. My 83 Super is stamped but says "Colnago" not export. There is also no chrome, tips, lugs or stays while the one on ebay has chrome dropouts at least.

·
Registered
330 Posts
No comment on the Colnago, but I will add that this seller listed a bogus Gios a couple of months ago. An obvious gaspipe job with stamped dropouts that had been painted dark blue and had a set of Gios Super record decals applied to it. I and at least three other people that I know of informed the seller that the frame was in no way a Gios (not even a gaspipe Gios). No response, and no revision to ad. It played out and sold for something like $250. Not the end of the world, but at least $200 more (being generous) than a frame like that would be worth. I would not deal with the guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.