Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
838 Posts
I built the Real Design wheels and the Ultrasphere was the lightest offering they had. They are Alex R400 rims, Sapim cx-ray spokes and Real Design branded Joytech hubs. They were usually around 1370g real weight and are good as long as you do not weigh over 175lbs.

What else do you want to know about them?

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I APPRECIATE YOUR REPLY I WEIGHT 151LBS.. IS 440.00 FAIR FOR BRAND NEW ONES??
LOOKING AT YOUR WEB SITE CAN I GET A SET OF WHEELS IN THAT WEIGHT RANGE FOR THIS KIND OF MONEY????
AND WHEN YOU SAY YOU USED TO BUILD THEM DID YOU WORK FOR THEM OR DID THEY HAVE YOU SUBLET THE BUILD FOR THEM???? THANKS:thumbsup:

· Registered
473 Posts
my manager rides them on his scott cr1 (14lbs). they seem to be holding up ok. i believe they come close to rubbing under sprinting. also, they dont have eyelets (sp?), so i dont know how much that might matter but you can always use little washers.

· Registered
2,480 Posts
I had a pair, they were light. I liked them but for me (180lb) they were neither stiff or aero. I got in a pretty bad crash and they taco'd instantaneously. Maybe $440 is a little $$$. I think I ended up getting mine for $400 including shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.