Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Token Sprinter
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night as I was leaving from a stop sign I caught my foot on something in the derailleur cable area section of my bike (yeah I don't know how that happened). After that I noticed my shifting was getting pretty iffy, all symptoms of having too much cable tension. I went to adjust the barrel adjuster and noticed that it had appeared to come apart a bit. Pic below after I unscrewed it all:

Am I correct in thinking that the black turn-able part should be connected to the rear derailleur body via that little metal piece that goes through the hole in the derallieur and is clamped with the c- clamp (thats not quite in focus?) If so, is it possible to just force it back on or am I looking at getting a new barrel adjuster like this one? Sram Apex Rival Force Rear Derailleur Barrel Adjuster Assembly : Amazon.com : Sports & Outdoors

I prefer to do all my own wrenching and would rather not have to take it to a shop. Thanks!

·
Token Sprinter
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind. A little convincing and a now bleeding thumb nail were able to pop everything back together.

If a mod could dispose of this thread that would be good. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.