Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering changing my Campy OEM rear derailleur pulleys (Record) with some style that has ball bearings (presumably cartridge bearings). The ceramic FSA's (around $124 at Competitive, I think) are more of an investment than I want to make. LickBike.com carries some Tacx derailleur pulleys with cartridge bearings for about $10 per. (http://www.lickbike.com/productpage.aspx?PART_NUM_SUB='0485-05')

Are there any other kind of pulleys out there I could look at?

Has anyone made an upgrade like htis? What kind did you use? Was it worth it?

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
bullseye, carmichael, control tech. Since neither of the pulleys float (unlike shimano) any of these will work. bikepro has all of them in aluminium and the carmichael in titanium. i own aluminum carmichaels which I have yet to use and bullseye's on my mtn bike (XT rear derailler in friction mode). I take it you are doing it so you never have to mess with them (the Campy's do take some maintenance, the grease dries up,etc). To be sure they will all work just confirm that the surfaces where the pulleys mount on either side are flat(the pulleys mentioned come with small washers for both sides). When I took apart my Croce d' Aune RD (1988) which also has the ball bearing pulleys I saw no reason why any of the above would not work. I am not familiar with the more current record stuff, but am pretty sure you'll be fine just double check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.