Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of building up a Colnago C-40 with Campy Record 10 speed components and I have a question on the rear durailleur.

I will have a Campy Record 12/25 cassette and a Campy 53/42 crank (i believe). I have ordered a 'short cage' rear durailleur, but for no particular reason other than I like the look of the short cage (and I know it will work). I will be spending a few dollars, so I was wondering if it will be fine, or would a medium cage be better. Any advantages or disadvantages to either one?

As always, everyones imput is appreciated.

PS: My mind is made up on Campy Record 10 Speed, so don't try to change my mind!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All:

Thanks for the feedback. I have checked the specs and the short cage will work so I will be OK. I really wasn't certain if there were any advantages or disadvantages.

Again, thank you!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It may very well be 39, that was why I wrote "I believe" with regards to the crank.
The Campy Record 10 Speed Crank was a last minute negotiated 'throw in' on the C-40 and I honestly could remember if it was 42 or 39 (hard to believe). I noted 53/42 because that is what my Campy C-Record crank is on my current steel frame bike.

I will confirm thisweek.

Will it factor in to the use of the 'short cage' rear durailleur?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.